Latest Aircraft Mechanic jobs in Qatar Airways,The candidate should have experience working in one or more aircraft types operated by Qatar Airways.
We are looking for Aircraft Mechanic to join our team in New York, USA.
The Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for the delivery of aircraft maintenance services in New York to support the operational requirements under supervision of the Station Maintenance Manager. In this role, you will ensure all maintenance and related activities are performed in accordance with the company/customer procedures and supplied aircraft maintenance data.
Specific responsibilities of the role includes:
- Performing schedule and non-scheduled tasks on QR or customer aircraft in accordance with maintenance data and QR/ customer procedures.
- Advising and assisting the Engineer on the aircraft and in technical documentation to ensure that all relevant information is entered correctly into the respective records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety issues are followed always. Ensuring compliance with company HSE standards and regulations and ensure colleagues also adhere to these.
- Ensuring all equipment and tools are serviceable prior to use.
- Ensuring all ground support equipment used are clean and serviceable and are returned to the original location at the end of task.
- Examining and inspecting aircraft, engines or other components for cracks, breaks or leaks.
- Servicing, cleaning, greasing screens, greasing moving parts and performing tasks on aircraft.
- Providing support in case of AOG in JFK as well as providing operational requirements within certain regions where Qatar Airways operates. The role will be required to travel to station for aircraft recovery as required.
- Performing Line maintenance services to Customer Airlines according to contract executed between QR and operators. Ensure Customer procedures are always complied.
- Maintaining Line store as per QR requirements.
- You must have a relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade Qualification from recognized Aeronautical/Technical College.
- You must have minimum of 5 years of experience as an Aircraft Mechanic, 3 year of which are working in modern jet aircrafts.
- You must have experience working in one or more aircraft types operated by Qatar Airways. You have in-depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals with ability to perform tasks and duties independently as required within each specific areas. You have basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and with strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment to all levels in the organization.
- You are able to work in a highly pressurized working environment with high volume activities within 24/7 shift pattern. You have very good exposure to operational and tactical decision making and able to prioritize sequential completion of task and process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.